Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Living Water

Jesus answered, “Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, but whoever drinks the water I give them will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give them will become in them a spring of water welling up to eternal life.”

John 4.13-14



Living water is better. Ask any Boy Scout or camping fanatic. Water that is running is cleaner and cooler than stagnant, "dead" water which is often full of scum and bacteria. But Jesus is talking about water that is even better than that. He says that the water He gives becomes its own source inside those who will receive it.



Today is Ash Wednesday, the beginning of Lent for many in Christendom. I have messed around with the Lenten experience in the past but really haven't stuck to too much. This year I am making a change. I have been keenly aware recently of how firm a grip food has on my life. Today is day 1 of 40 leading up to Holy Saturday, the day before Easter. The six Sundays are observed normally to celebrate the victory of our Savior in His resurrection. I will attempt to rely solely on water and the Living Water of the Word of God for sustenance. I solicit your prayers as I allow my Savior to be the only thing in my life that exhibits any resemblance of control in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment