Monday, March 14, 2011

5/46 Renewed

5 days down and 41 to go. Today was a good day. Much needed moisture is falling down around town relieving firefighters if only for a short time, it has been another glorious day to worship the Lord, my sins have been forgiven, my God reigns victorious over the forces of evil in the world, and food was placed in front of me for the first time in 4 days.

I must confess, last night I ate a taco. Heather had made tacos for the kids at lunch. I had resisted and they smelled very tempting. Having several kids over at the house, we decided to get pizza. There was a spread of pizza and Crazy Bread and soda for several hours, and I resisted. But at 9:00 as I was cleaning up the kitchen I opened the crock pot and couldn’t resist the urge. I ate a taco.

Well, I made it to the first of 6 Sundays and I was looking forward to eating. I wanted something light for breakfast, so I toasted a couple of mini bagels and light cream cheese and added a small glass of milk. I very quickly resented the glass of milk. Surprisingly, the kids chose Mazzio’s for lunch – their buffet is pretty much a win all the way around. Heather can eat pizza toppings (no gluten), the kids eat all the pizza they want, and I get to eat a decent salad from the salad bar. It is a little more expensive than CiCi’s but they serve actual pizza and have more than 3 items on the salad bar. 2 pieces of pizza, one small salad, 3 small bread sticks, and 1 glass of unsweetened iced tea.

I was surprised, during 4 days of fasting the only time I felt hungry was when something was cooking. I feel confident that this week will be the same. I am thankful for my God who gives us everything we need. I am thankful for His Word, which teaches us the way to live for Him. I am thankful for His Spirit, which guides us and speaks to our hearts. And I am thankful for His Son, my Savior, who gave His life that I may live eternally. Now, I feel refreshed, renewed, and rejuvenated; ready to start the week.

May the Peace of God be with us all,

Peace <><
Joshua Fowler

No comments:

Post a Comment