Friday, March 25, 2011

17 Down/29 to Go

So, I am over 2 weeks in. I am thankful for all of the prayers and words of encouragement. I have been very successful in achieving the goals I set out to achieve. If I made the decision to "cease and desist" today, while I would be disappointed, I do think that I would have a chance to continue good, solid, and healthier eating habits. Even when I give myself permission to eat on Sundays and Wed night, I am careful about the amount and kinds of food that I eat. The imminent feeling of disappointment is one of the things that keeps me going. There is much in life that I start and almost finish. This has become for me a secondary goal to attain in the end - the ability to press on beyond the mundane, boring, obstacles that are placed in my mind that derail my plans and to demonstrate the ability to maintain focus.

I have become keenly aware of the fact that we seemingly eat at every juncture. Any time we get together, the question arrises, "What do you want me to bring?" This has been some of the most difficult times for me in the past, but I can already see a difference in my mindset in situations such as these. I am thankful for fellowship of friends and family. I will also be far more cognizant of this fact in the future. The difficulty (at least for me) is the lack of structure in these eating times. Food is laid out and left out for people to come by and snack on. We have decided, in our house to have eating time and time to stop eating. Food is out away. This goes for snack time also. I think this will be a habit we continue after this journey has been completed.

The next four weeks will be devoted to meditation. I have spent the last two weeks in scripture reading and prayer which has been a help beyond anything I imagined. I think that working to improve the art of meditation will do many things in many areas of life. The calming effect and focus that meditation instills will be a benefit in personal, professional, spiritual, and family matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment