Friday, March 11, 2011

3/46 I May Be Addicted

Food will have no control over any part of my life. I will be controlled only by the will of the Almighty God and motivated only by His love and saving grace.

So I have discovered, I might have a problem... Driving by McD's today, I actually found myself struggling mightily not to turn in and grab a McDouble. There were four quarters and a dime conveniently placed in the door pull of my truck. It was difficult not to stop for a quick bite of weirdly addictive, sub par, soy and filler hamburger "meat". I wasn't even really hungry, surprisingly but the pull was heavy. I pressed on and resisted the urge to stop there or at the Wendy's, Taco Bell, Bueno, A and W, KFC, or Burger King... all of which would have provided some quasi-tasty relief for about a dollar.

John 4.31-34

Meanwhile his disciples urged him, “Rabbi, eat something.” But he said to them, “I have food to eat that you know nothing about.” Then his disciples said to each other, “Could someone have brought him food?” “My food,” said Jesus, “is to do the will of him who sent me and to finish his work..."

No comments:

Post a Comment