Thursday, July 22, 2010

From a Child's Eye

To see the world through the eyes of a child... I wish I could do that more often. Thanks to a good assistant, Dustin, for laying down on the ground and trusting me not to kick him in the face while we took this picture. I watch them play in parks and courtyard, bedrooms and living rooms, and even in the car. Anything can become a toy. I love the way they can find a way to simply enjoy themselves no matter where we are.







Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, for the Kingdom of Heaven belongs to such as these. Unless you become like this little child, you will not enter the Kingdom." There are so many ways in which we look at children and treasure the cuteness, but pass it off as something they will grow out of. I pray that I may be able to bottle the nature of a child; that pure dependence and trust and be able to imitate the freedom with which they live and find joy in all things around me. I will try to take myself less seriously, laugh uncontrollably, run and jump and play in the grass, swing as high as I can and jump out... well let's not go too far. I do want to enjoy each moment. We spend far too much time wishing away the week and looking for Friday that I fear we waste valuable moments given to us by God.

No comments:

Post a Comment