Thursday, July 15, 2010

The Lighthouse

So these first posts will come a little quicker than the ones later. I have to catch up to current times, and I am sure the blogging fever will subside and I will become less and less excited about something that is new and fun at this point. That seems to be pretty common to life in general... Even our spiritual walk. There are times when something is new spiritually, and my excitement level rises to another high point. It doesn't take long to fall back into the ruts that have been in place for so long. This picture reminded me of the Acappella song appropriately titled "The Lighthouse." This was also taken at Lake Hefner in Oklahoma City. The lighthouse is a beacon in the darkness. It warns of impending danger. It alerts the captain of unseen traps that may cause significant damage.God has placed a lighthouse in our lives as well. Jesus is the lighthouse. He has saved us from the rocks of sin. He has shone His light into the world, but the darkness does not understand it. Why would the darkness understand something so contradictory to its nature? If we trust the lighthouse, why do we continue to forge ahead into the rocky waters in front of us. I pray that I continue to recognize not only the Lighthouse, but the light it emits. I pray that the same vigor that once clutched our spirits when we began our journey in baptism will once again take control. I pray I may regain the pure, faithful and totally dependent trust in the Light and the Lighthouse as I try to guide my ship safely home.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment