Tuesday, July 13, 2010

The Journey Begins

So, this is where my photographic journey began; on the shores of the beautiful Lake Hefner in Oklahoma City, OK. We had just purchased our Nikon D3000 with our tax return and had made a trip out to ride bikes around the lake. I will begin with this one in order to give myself a baseline to judge my own improvements and see from where I have come.

It is truly amazing to me how much of God's majesty I miss. In fact, until I started looking at everything as a photo op, I would say I missed most of it. Scenes such as these pictured above are hard to miss, but the more subtle scenes can often be even more dramatic. I pray that every day we are privileged enough to breathe is one that we spend -- use rather -- in taking notice of the beauty that is around us each day.

2 comments:

  1. So excited for this blog! You take some amazing pictures...so happy you are sharing them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay, how fun!! we are blessed with beauty here on earth and its great to be able to appreciate it! looking forward to seeing your photos!! have fun!

    ReplyDelete