Friday, July 30, 2010

Sparrows in a Hurricane

So maybe they aren't sparrows and maybe they aren't in a hurricane, but they are sleeping peacefully among a mass of screaming kids (and some adults) in the Explorikeet exhibit in the OKC Zoo. A hurricane may well be preferred to them. My life has seemed like something of a hurricane lately. The roof is coming off and the winds are howling at the door and I am trying with all of my might to hang on to the things that are so dear to me. My strength has been fading recently and I feel I am at the brink of being swept away. I know God has a plan for each of us. Letting go, not in the sense of ceasing to go out but in the sense of relinquishing total control and trusting that His Spirit will not lead me anywhere that I cannot endure. It might also require me to trust that I may be closest to my God in the eye of the storm. This picture reminded me of my wife and my Savior -- both of whom stand beside me and promise to hold me up when I feel my strength fade. I pray God give me the strength, courage, wisdom and humility to submit to each of them.



No comments:

Post a Comment