Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Discipline

I am so proud of my kiddos and the hard work they put in to their athletics. Looking at our lives and the amount of time we spend preparing, learning, practicing and training for these sports is a little alarming and I know that we fall on the conservative side of the spectrum. Make no mistake, we have fun together in that time of preparation and play and appreciate the discipline and fitness our children receive from these activities.





I can't help but wonder, though, if I am doing enough to translate that discipline and fitness over into the spiritual lives of my children. I hope and pray that I can do a better job of putting as much or more emphasis on this aspect of our lives and the discipline and commitment required to be spiritually secure.

2 comments:

  1. Joshua,
    You are a wonderful father and I am so proud of you for all the ways you nurture your family and are raising them to be workers for the Lord and lovers of His Word...God bless you as you do a good work for Him. I love the pictures...you could easily have a side job at this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Mamalou, I learned from the BEST

    ReplyDelete