Monday, January 3, 2011

A Journey Begins

As a resolution for 2011, Heather and I decided that purposeful prayer and Bible study together was going to be a greater focus. I had been thinking of going back through Celebration of Discipline by Richard Foster and working to instill the 12 Spiritual Disciplines deeper into my daily routine. On Sunday, the same idea was presented to the congregation at Memorial Road church of Christ as a part of our Acts 29 initiation.

The focus this month is on the Discipline of Worship or Praise.


Praise is the practice of reordering my view of God and myself. I enthrone God to the highest place, where indeed he dwells. I dethrone myself to the lowest place, where indeed I dwell.



Isaiah 6:1-5

In the year of King Uzziah's death I saw the Lord sitting on a throne, lofty and exalted, with the train of His robe filling the temple. Seraphim stood above Him, each having six wings: with two he covered his face, and with two he covered his feet, and with two he flew.
And one called out to another and said,
"Holy, Holy, Holy, is the LORD of hosts,
The (E)whole earth is full of His glory."

And the foundations of the thresholds trembled at the voice of him who called out, while the temple was filling with smoke.

Then I said,
"Woe is me, for I am ruined!
Because I am a man of unclean lips,
And I live among a people of unclean lips;
For my eyes have seen the King, the LORD of hosts."



May I see the simple and overlooked things around me that scream the majesty of God. May my focus be directed to Praise the Almighty Creator of the Universe. May I not lose sight of the awe and reverence and fear that I should have for the God that allows me to stay so close to him.

Peace
<><
R Joshua Fowler

1 comment:

  1. So excited for this year. It's going to be amazing.

    Also, great pictures!

    ReplyDelete