Thursday, December 23, 2010

SonRise!

These are some pictures I took with Jake Gwinn (check him out at www.jakegwinnphotoblog,blogspot.com )last summer. We got up early and found a nice little spot next to a nasty, stinky hospital bedding cleaning place... but it had a fantastic view of the Easten sky and the Kansas City skyline. I am thankful for the blessings in my life and am mindful, particularly this year of those who struggle so much with the holidays for one reason or another. I am thankful for the birth of Christ. Had it not been for his birth, he would not have walked the earth and been crucified for my sin. Had it not been for the birth of Christ, we would not have had an opportunity to see the Son rise from the dead. I hope that amid all the hustle and bustle of the Christmas season, we may be mindful of the ultimate Christmas gift - the one that matters more than toys, clothes, jewelry or tools - the gift of a Son, an advocate, One who would go before the Father on our behalf

Merry Christmas!









No comments:

Post a Comment