Thursday, August 5, 2010

Drop Kick Me Jesus Through the Goal Posts of Life

Am I on fire for the Lord? There are times when I am passionate and burning to share the gospel. Visions of grandeur float around in my mind and thoughts... Africa, China, South America or Russia... but the flame is quickly extinguished. I think about all the things I could do closer to home in my neighborhood and town only to plan great things that remain on the planning table. I even think about things that I could do to help me stay more focused on spiritual growth like meditation, fasting, meaningful and purposeful daily prayer and study. These things like a campfire quickly fade away. Maybe there is something to the analogy of fire as compared with our spiritual lives. If a fire is not stoked it dies out and becomes a pile of red hot embers with great potential to share warmth and light but lies complacent to simply smolder. Are we on fire for the Lord or just smoldering? Are we actively living the good news of Salvation through Christ Jesus or are we just making it through? Is my potential even beginning to be recognized by bearing light and love, or am I simply a heap of potential? Stoke the embers, put another log on the fire, throw kerosene on the dying flame (this is unacceptable practice in camping or bbqing circles but is perfectly accepted in this instance)-- do whatever it takes to fan the flame of spiritual fervor. Be active in your Christianity today. Live each day, each moment with a voice that says, "Make me a servant, God. Make me into a tool that is able and willing to be used often to grow Your Kingdom."

No comments:

Post a Comment