Friday, August 20, 2010

Bring on the Rain

We spent some time in the arboretum in Overland Park at the beginning of the summer. Of course, as soon as we started through the gardens, it started to rain -- and it rained pretty hard. It did make for a beautiful scene once it all cleared. The flowers were wet and refreshed. The dragon flies were buzzing around with new life, and the sky was as blue as I have ever seen.







I continue to be reminded of my Father's care for me, that he watches over me, and that he sends me refreshment. If I will allow him access, He will refresh my soul. Like a storm, the process is not always pleasant, desired or welcomed but achieves its purpose in the end. If we will be attentive during the storms of life and be purposefully mindful of God's presence especially in these times, we can find beauty and majesty, grace and mercy, love and healing.





For 6 hours one Friday, the followers of Christ experienced a demoralizing loss that threatened everything they had hoped and lived for. But those that stayed near to the cross and the Savior during that troublesome time were present to see the victory and elation that prevailed on Sunday. Remember that in these times in our lives, if the cross is our anchor, we will share in His victory.




No comments:

Post a Comment